Southport Comedy Festival – COVID-19 Information
Southport Comedy Festival’s primary concern is to protect our customers, performers and staff as far as possible.
Please read this page carefully, particularly the section regarding the purchase of tickets. To allow us to ensure social distancing between groups you must only buy tickets for your own household or Support Bubble.
We are only able to hold the Southport Comedy Festival 2020 if we adhere to HM Government guidance on the control of the spread of Coronavirus in England.
We have studied the Government guidance for entertainment venues and will be taking the steps below to ensure compliance. Should changes be made to current guidelines it may be necessary to change certain arrangements in order to comply. Where we use the terms, “Social Distancing”, “Household” and “Support Bubble” these refer to the current requirements at the time of the performance.
In line with current Government requirements the use of face coverings whilst in an entertainment venue will be mandatory (subject to current medical exemptions).
If at any time we are aware of members of the public acting in a reckless manner that we consider to be putting staff or other members of the public at risk they will be politely reminded of their responsibilities. If they continue to act in a manner which we consider to be putting others at risk they will asked to leave and may not be readmitted in the future.
All performances will take place in a large marquee in Victoria Park, Southport. This provides a number of advantages over a conventional venue:
- The venue and seats can be effectively deep cleaned between performances.
- There will be a number of entrances and exits available to reduce the pinch points associated with customers arriving and leaving.
- The marquee will be deliberately oversize for the number of customers to allow adequate spacing between pairs of seats so that Social Distancing can be maintained as far as possible.
- The stage will be set at least 2 metres from the first row of seats.
- Ventilation can be adjusted to cope with varying audience sizes.
- Bar and toilet facilities will be outside of the main marquee. Queuing areas will be marked out for these facilities to encourage Social Distancing.
- Seating is not fixed to allow the venue to be arranged in a manner appropriate to the number of tickets sold.
- Social Distancing outside of your Household or Support Bubble must be maintained at all times.
- All ticket holders on a single booking must arrive together.
- On entry to the venue customers will be required to use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Where possible seats will be set-up in groups to allow members of the same household or Support Bubble to sit together. We request that seats are not moved in order to maintain social distancing from others outside of social groups. Stewards will be on hand to assist with seating arrangements.
- Seating will be arranged to allow the best use of the available space and to ensure adequate Social Distancing can be maintained. For this reason your preferred choice of seating position may not always be available.
- In some circumstances, for instance late arrivals, it may not always be possible for a Household or Support Bubble to be able to sit together.
- In order to reduce pinch points during intervals, each area of the venue will have a dedicated exit and entrance to be used once seats have been chosen.
- All tickets purchased in a single transaction must be for the same Household or Support Bubble.
- All tickets must be bought electronically in advance through the website or by telephone from Skiddle.
- In order to allow adequate spacing between seats tickets will only be available in multiples of 2, up to a maximum of 6 tickets per transaction.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for providing, if requested, the contact details of all members of the party for Track and Trace.
- All tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions published by Skiddle.